What is a SmartCard?
- A Smartcard is a credit-card-sized electronic "purse"
that has prepaid fares on it
- It costs $10 to hire the card plus a minimum of $10 worth of prepaid travel
- The $10 deposit will be refunded if your card is returned in
resaleable condition. Any remaining prepaid fares will also
- You will always be issued with a ticket receipt whenever you
use your smartcard-this will let you know how much is remaining
on your smartcard
- You can topup your smartcard from any one of our drivers or
at the Mana Coach Service office
- You can purchase a smartcard from any one of our offices, your
driver or buy online
Why use a SmartCard?
- It is cheaper compared to cash fares (this does not apply to the After midnight bus or Whenua Tapu Bus Service)
- More convenient than carrying cash
- All members of the family can use the smartcard so a family need only own one card if they wish
- A "go-anywhere" card on a Mana or Newlands bus
- Quick and easy to use
- Provides a receipt for all travel
- If you lose the card it can be hotlisted so no one else can use it. (To ensure your card can be hotlisted, you must first register your card. To register your card, complete a card registration form or register online).
- No need to remove your smartcard from your wallet - as the machine scans the smartcard through the wallet