School Bus Safety
Newlands Coach Service ensures that our coaches meet all safety requirements set by NZTA and are fit for road use. Since the safety of our customers is of paramount importance we require that children using our school services follow these rules:
Boarding the bus:
- Wait well back from the road but within sight of the driver.
- Do not approach the bus until it has come to a complete stop.
- Board the bus in single file with your smartcard, termpass, or cash ready.
- If you are a Secondary student have your student ID ready
During the journey:
- Put your school bag on the floor infront of you, or rest it on your lap.
- If you are standing up, try to hold onto the rail or the chair closest to you. Load the rear of the bus first.
- For safety reasons, always stay behind the driver and do not cause distractions.
- Follow any instructions the bus driver or bus inspector may give.
- No swearing, intimidating or disruptive behaviour.
Leaving the bus:
- Use the front door.
- Do not push others when getting off the bus.
- If you are crossing the road, wait as far from the edge of the road as you can until the bus has moved a safe distance away.
- Listen for any cars and look both ways before you cross.
For full information on School buses and School bus safety visit the Ministry Of Education website